Sunday, May 3, 2009

just an update...

It's been over two months since my last post. As much as I'd like to say that much has changed, I know that nothing has really changed.

This week will be the last week of my freshman year at RIC, so I'm pretty excited about that. I can't believe the first year is already over. It seems like just yesterday that everyone was off to school and I was left here to rot. However, I really do like RIC. I like the cirriculum, the art center, the people (some of them), the diversity, the education... I really do like it.

Caitrin and I were supposed to move out on June 1st. We found and apartment, payed a deposit, and filled out an application. Unfortunately, Caitrin won't be able to go through with it because of some family issues. This really sucks. However, now that I've given it much thought, I think It would be best for me to study abroad next spring. I would hate to regret not traveling and expanding my world view when I had the chance. Right now I'm considering Italy-- Florence or Rome. Although I may also consider Ireland or London.

After seeing the SHS production of Sweet Charity (...) this past Friday, I realized how much I miss acting and the atmosphere of the theatre. I'm going to audition for a straight play (non-musical) called "Fools" in Bristol for my aunt's theatre group this summer. It's w play written by Neil Simon set in early 1900 Russia. It seems pretty interesting, and I have no plans for the summer, so why not?

As for me (as if I haven't been talking about myself for the past couple of paragraphs), I'm doing fine. I'm just going through the motions.

No comments:

Post a Comment